QVine Corporation provides mission and technology consulting, software
development and system integration services across the Intelligence
Community. Take your career to the next
level and join our team to make an impact on National Security!
This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
systems administration encompasses server administration and database
management administration. The server administrator’s responsibilities include:
implementation of baseline changes and respond to change requests; perform
technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all supported servers;
by providing technical configuration, setup, installation services, hardware
and coordination of application projects; and operate and maintain servers.
Identify user requirements, test, and coordinate modifications to the computer
database. Ensures the performance of the system, understands the platform on
which the database runs, and adds new users to the system. Plans and
coordinates security measures -data integrity, backup systems, and database
security. Provides technical assistance to computer system users. Answers
questions or resolves computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or
using tools to gain remote access into that system. May provide assistance
concerning the use of computer hardware, software, printers, installation,
word-processing, electronic mail, and operating systems. Provides technical
expertise in the use of Database Management System (DBMS). Evaluates and
recommends available DBMS products to support validated user requirements.
Defines file organization, indexing methods, and security procedures for
specific user applications.
Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT
systems. Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these
systems. Provides support to IT systems including: day-to-day operations,
monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client problems. Provides tier
II problem identification, diagnosis and resolution or escalates to tier III. .
Provides support for communication of status to Sponsor’s management and
internal customers. Coordinates, and implements security measures to safeguard
computer databases. Responsible for operations related to systems management
Must be able to travel up to 25% to locations in OCONUS & CONUS
• Requires weapons certification in order to travel. Training is provided.
• Server Administrator executes tasks in the following areas: change request,
trouble ticket, routine operation and maintenance, and server build.
• Change Request
• Implement baseline changes under tech lead oversight
• Respond to assigned change requests that are submitted by “internal” and
• A attend TEMs to discuss and agree upon MOAs –ensure MOA is within scope of
server team’s work
• Support customer in the development of a dedicated server build report as
well as an internal build report
• Create and/or update the Asset Management record—responsible for integrity of
asset management record
• Ensure build report (procedure) is feasible, clear, and concise.
• Trouble Ticket
• Provide operational pager duty support
• Perform technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all
“supported” servers in response to Help Desk Tickets—which includes but not
limited the following activities: Server failures, full system outage.
• Operation and Maintenance
• Perform server checklist
• Maintain server rooms
• Restore file and data information
• Perform operating system software updates/upgrades
• Create request for service support (SRS) from internal/external service
• Monitor/support tape backup
• Coordinate server installation
• Transition servers
• Assess server loads and work with tech lead on developing tuning
• Request hardware replacements
• Submit Build Reports for routine deliveries
• Server Build
• Build servers: Provide technical configuration, setup, installation services,
hardware and coordination for application projects
• Provide remote access to servers
• Establish server baseline
• Assist in server maintenance and special projects, during extended work hours
• Communicate outage/degradation of server to management
• Understand and implement established technical and workflow procedures
QVine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V